Today I only have one class. Pschology. It's at 8am, and then I have the rest of the day off, this is on Mondays and Weds. Cat's still in classes until 12:15, so I'll normally be studing during that time. But today I had some things to get done.
I like my psych class. Cat had her last semester and said she's great. I think I might have a hard time though when it comes to grades. I'll just have to try my hardest. I talked to the Prof. after class to see how I should study. And she explained it to me, and also encouraged me to ask her questions whenever I had them. I am a bit nervous about my learning disability and this semester. When I was in 12th grade, I had the reading comprehension level of an 8th grader. So I really struggle w/ that. And sometimes it makes me frustrated, which just leads to this big ol' cycle of badness. So I'm glad I talked to her. History is one of my tough subjects. But I have a great teacher and I'm actually getting into it!! It's amazing how I hated it before, but how i'm enjoying what I'm learning right now.
I can't wait to go to Celebrate Recovery tonight!!!! I've been thinking about it all day. It's like a little kid who you tell "we're going to the beach this weekend" and they have no concept of time, and keep asking you when you're going. Haha. I realize how fun it is, though, to have that type of anxiousness. I can't wait!
I'm pretty tired right now. I had an aweful time getting up this morning! We ran late (Cat had a rough time too.) We always stop at her work (subway... they are open for breakfast, and have breakfast food.) to grab some soda or something on. And there is a convienence store right next to it. That's often our breakfast. So we both made it late to class. My teacher's ok w/ that. But Cat's teacher was NOT happy (or nice.) in any way about it.
Last nite cat and I went to this cute little coffee shop that we went to last week. It's right in town. I think it's called Texas Java?. It's a christian shop, they play christian music. I like it there, I get a lot of studying done while there. Well, I got a coffee w/ 90 decaf, and then a flavored coffee to fill it up. Cat got regular(no decaf coffee.) Somehow in our mix of books every where and coffee cups floating around, we mixed our cups. I can't sleep if I drink coffee too late. Welp, I ended up w/ hers! Go figure. I did take some of my sleeping pills, which helped! Before I had them, it was a disaster at nite after coffee!
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
so glad all this excitement is happening, looking forward to CR and the classes!! so happy & thrilled for you, christina!
ReplyDelete